Where is your soul?

Do you live near, do you live far?
Dive with the fish or dance with a star?
I need to ask:
Do you want love or do you want war?

I see the way your carry that little bag,
And somehow you sweat and fight and drag.
I feel how you fight your battles each day,
While constantly chasing kind people away.

I see how those mean nights keep you up 
They like how you fidget and crawl in the dark.
And how in the morning it still doesn't stop.
You just gained another night when you didn't figure life out.

The good part is that I have the same questions as you.
Or is it bad? I don't have a clue.
At least we can dream, we can talk, we can laugh.
And then start all over as if we forgot.

But the mind gets confused and often plays tricks, 
Don't think about it, there are no things to fix.
Just try to feel. Please don't talk and don't ask.
Your chest holds the answers your mind doesn't grasp.

You seem a bit mad, a bit lost, a bit scared.
Are all the good people a bit out of their head?
If you're out you can feel from sadness to bliss.
Now focus on you. Who does your soul miss?

Comments

Popular Posts