5 Things That Made My Life Easier


 


I usually skip reading the introduction, so here it goes:

 1.  The Bullet Journal Method

   I am talking about the book, but more about actually applying it. The fact that I am typing this article right now is because while using this journaling method I became more aware about what actually mattered to me. (As a traumatized child, it was even more difficult for me to be able to identify my needs and desires.) I was looking for a tool that would help me have a well-structured yet also pretty journal that I would actually like to use. While seeing people writing in their journal, I was aware there are some benefits in this process. As a therapist I knew most of them, yet I lacked the experience. It seems that it can be fun, it can be pretty yet also useful. A journal can become a safe space, a non-judgemental friend and anything you like to make out of it. It should be a witness to your life. I personally use it for: daily logs (most days), weekly and monthly logs, as a classic journal where I write thoughts and emotions, dream-journal, quotes from books, brainstorming different topics, structuring specific rituals, plans and processes, things I want to share with my clients, things I want to share with my therapist, drawing, poems.

2.        2. My Vacuum Robot

   I think this is self-explanatory. I just have more free time and a much cleaner home since I use it almost daily in my high-trafficked areas. Mine is from Xiaomi and it’s called Robi. I think I might love him a bit.

3.      3. My Kindle

   I use a Kindle as an e-book reader for 6 years. I still have my first and only Kindle, a Paperwhite. It works so well, there was no need to change it. I still read paperback books about half of the time but I constantly recommend everyone to buy a kindle. It’s cheaper, much more comfortable and even prettier. You can get any book you can think of in minutes on your kindle, without going through the process of actually looking for a book in a library or waiting for an online order. You have adjustable light and it’s much more comfortable to hold. I even bought mine a pretty case with the “Almond Blossoms” Painting by Vincent van Gogh pattern. The Kindle and My Bullet Journal usually go with me everywhere.

4.      4. Marie Kondo – The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

     This is an excellent book to read if you want to declutter your house and life overall. It shares important information about minimalism, Japanese culture and mental health in my opinion. All this clutter around us, be it information, noise, people, stuff, is making us lose our mental health and balance. We can’t all apply minimalism in our lives as we see in some ideally uncluttered homes, yet we can be aware of this concept and integrate it where we can. Even if you start by donating a book, an old toy, uncluttering your desktop or your entire life, this process gives you freedom.

5.      5. An empty box for decluttering

   This one is free. Just keep an empty box when you unbox a larger item. (Even a larger bag works) This should be stored in an accessible place so you can put donations in it. You can throw anything there that doesn’t serve you anymore but you thing could be useful to another person. If you have a place to put things you no longer need you will let things go easier and more often because you don’t have to wait to engage in a more elaborate decluttering process. Even if you add as little as 3 items per week, you will be satisfied and let your space breathe a bit. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts