Danced with her.

I danced with sadness all day in my living room,
She filled the air and I could feel her doom.
She filled my chest, my lungs, my throat, my eyes.
She’s an old friend so there is no surprise.

She comes here knocking but she owns the place.
She acts mysterious yet I know her face.
She’s never left me in any of these days,
So hey…I really think she cares.

She never speaks but somehow makes me scream
She likes to watch when love stories get grim.
We try to hide it, yet somehow we both know
Seeing me cry is still our favorite show.

We like the same things, we never go apart.
We watch those movies in late nights in the dark.
She even curls up in the bed with me.
I’m starting to believe, this could be destiny.

I just don’t like how every now and then
She gets all jealous when I find a friend.
I love her to bits but it’s still not enough.
Don’t tell her but I think we’re breaking up.

Comments

Popular Posts