Today I held my first group therapy session


 


It comes more naturally to me to write from feeling pure sadness, confusion and all those twisted uncomfortable emotions. They just make sense, my inner parts find them familiar. Natural means familiar. Simple concept.

But today was about something else. I think it's joy and fulfillment. Some call it being in alignment. Translating this here is definitely tricky.

What I know is that if I listened to my mind I would have never led a group in my life. Because of so many reasons. And not even very complex ones, mostly fear of being seen, need of validation, fear of judgment. The usual mess that our minds so effectively deliver. To keep us safe. Thank you mind. What's next?

But there was a time that I worked in groups while I studied psychodrama. Through all of the discomfort of an introverted person I could feel there was something precious there. A type of energy only groups could create. A force of nature. Beyond any logic or explanation. It held you and transformed you. Groups heal.

I guess I was reminded of that when everything was prepared. I needed so many other tools along the way to be able to show up like I do. I am grateful for all of it. Oh, and happy.

Comments

Popular Posts